Is this your first time here?
Welcome to the Silver Cross EMS System Moodle site
THIS SITE IS FOR SCEMSS PROVIDERS ONLY!!! ALL OUTSIDERS WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT NOTICE.
TO PRINT YOUR MOODLE GRADE SHEET, log in then click on the SCEMSS Monthly CE. Next scroll toward the bottom of the page and click GRADES on the lower left. Next hit Ctrl and the letter P on your keyboard to print the page. This will print a page that shows your grades inside the box and the list of site codes and hours on the left side of the page. Use this for submitting to your EMS System at your renewal.
TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT: Click on the create new user button (lower right side of page)...
Once you've clicked the above link and the log-in button on that site
Click on the create new user button (lower right side of page)...
Make your username first initial middle initial and last name.
Example John C Doe would be jcdoe.
Use an email that you plan to keep for a long time. (example gmail)
Make your password something easy you will remember.
Choose your primary Silver Cross agency from the drop down
Use your 9-digit State EMS license number in the license number field
MOODLE IS USED NOT ONLY AS A WAY FOR OUR IN-SYSTEM PRIMARY PROVIDERS TO COMPLETE THE SYSTEM'S MANDATORY CME, BUT ALSO AS A WAY FOR THE SYSTEM TO ROLL-OUT MANDATORY SYSTEM UPDATES LIKE THE 2016 SMO UPDATE EXAMS THAT APPLY TO EVERY EMS PROVIDER FUNCTIONING IN OUR SYSTEM AND REGION.
- SCEMSS CE is MANDATORY for providers who are primary in the Silver Cross EMS System.
- Once the Powerpoint presentation has been viewed the quiz will open and remain open.
- The quiz MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 60 DAYS of opening with NO EXCEPTION.
- Any primary provider not completing the quizzes within that 60 day time frame will be removed from the System!!!
- 80% remains the minimum passing score for all SCEMSS tests/quizzes.
- Only System providers are allowed to have a Silver Cross Moodle account. ALL OTHERS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE.
- SCEMSS providers MUST visit www.silvercrossems.com SYSTEM CME page for details about our System CME program and the LICENSURE page for details about maintaining your EMS license.
- Every provider in the Silver Cross System must have a Moodle account for means of communication from the System and for the rollout of any new SMO Updates, or new medication/equipment training. Only primary providers however are required to do the monthly CE.
Providers will receive 2 hours for each month's PowerPoint and Quiz for 2015 and 2.5 hours from 2016 on. Providers completing all 48 months will receive enough CE hours over 4 years for their renewal. Silver Cross EMSS mandates 100 CE hours over a 4 year period for Paramedics, 80 CE hours over a 4 year period for EMT-I/AEMTs, and 60 CE hours over 4 years for EMT-B/EMTs. CPR is a mandatory licensure/renewal requirement with IDPH and qualifies for 3 hours of CE under System policy every 2 years.